Street bike setup
- Bikes geometry
- The springs, rates, and damping forces.
- The Link mechanism
- The suspended weights and not suspended weights.
- The suspensions, hydraulic front fork and rear shock functions.
Acceleration, bracking and travel with a passenger
- Acceleration and Chain forces problem
- Braking: pneumatic rigidity problem
Schemas and methods to setup the suspensions
- Measures and adjustment of the spring preloads
- Geometry and Dynamics with suspensions: Heights and preloads
- Run with passenger and bags
Offroad bike setup
- The SAG (corretc height of the bike depending on ride style and riders weight)
- The internal functions of the front fork and the rear shock
- The springs, its specifics, the preload and how to choose the correct one.
- The LINK, What does it mean and the relations of linkage by different bikes.
- Rear shock and front fork adjusters, what are these and how do them have to be set up.
- Chain Forces.
- Correct maintenance of all suspension components.
The correct suspension choice
At the end of the Training day, everyone will receive a documentation regarding the discussed arguments.
The second day will be held in the Racing Department where the Andreani technicians will show you how to mount and disassemble, rebuild and set up every kind of suspension existing on the market.
The program would be:
Mounting and disassembling of a last generation shock and front fork Kayaba, Showa, Ohlins and Marzocchi (Road and Offroad).
- The friction, how and where to start
- How to change the preload and setting in compression and Rebound.
- How to bleed a suspension with dedicated tools.
- The oil level